Pages - Menu

Thursday, March 20, 2014

My best friend, my second best friend and my third best friend

When I was a little girl, I remember it was really important to know who were best friends, who were the second best friend and so on. We even made lists sometimes. I don't know about you, but I think thats kind of ridiculous. When we were kids, we used to do lots of ridiculous stuff, so thats okay, but I'm 18 now, and my friends still want me to rank them. 

I know perfectly well who is my best friend, but I don't feel the need to tell my other friends that they're not. Today I woke up to a twitter notification. "Miss my best friend" it said, and then I was mentioned. This so called "best friend" haven't talked to me in ages. Ever since I got ill, she stopped bothering about me. In the beginning it was almost ok, but during the last year, it's been months between every time she's even texted me and asked how I'm doing. In most cases, it's me who texts her to see how she's doing, and then she goes on and on about how terrible her life is, until she remembers that I spend everyday at home. Then she asks fast how I'm doing, before she goes on and on about her own life again.
I didn't mean for this to be a frustration post, but I guess that's what it turned into. 


"I'm sorry I haven't had time for you lately, but I've just got too much on my plate.". I've heard that excuse way too many times from this girl, and I just can't accept it anymore. It's all about priority. Everyone has 24 hours a day. My true best friend visits me all the time, and when I have a bad day, she just droppes in for about ten minutes to get me to smile once before she leaves again and lets me rest. She texts me every day if she can't come for a visit to see how i'm doing. That's a girl who cares.

Excuse me, but if that girl calls me her best friend, me who she barely speak to and doesn't even see once a month, the rest of her friends can't be good friends. Maybe I should feel sorry for her. I don't know. I really don't know what to do with her. But I know one thing for sure, I'm not commenting her tweet "Miss you too, bestie". 
I just really needed to get some frustration out. None of my friends know that this blog exists, so they can't read this and be offended. My blog is also under a pseudonym, so they can't even find it by accident. 



I am sorry if I spread much negativity now, but I just needed to get it out.

- Have you ever been in a similiar situation? I would really like to know about it, and most of all, how you sorted it out.


~ Sarah ~ 

2 comments:

  1. Hey Sarah :)
    Loving your posts and so pleased that I'm not the only young ME girl starting up a blog. Sadly I'm having the same situation as you are re friends. It's so difficult but I'm afraid some people stick by you, and some simply won't. Having a chronic illness is grim, but you certainly find out who your true friends are. Glad that we've found each other on Instagram :)
    Rosa x
    rosalindwise.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Yeah, I wanted to have a little project i find interesting for when my energylevel accepts it. Yeah, its really tough, but im also kind of glad to know who are the friends that I can count on. Maybe I should have discovered it before, that she doesn't really care, but i guess its better late then never. At least now i know.
      Yes, im also glad we found each other. It's nice to see how others are dealing with the same illness, and maybe even learn from each others "mistakes". Wish you a lovely day :)

      ~ Sarah ~

      Delete